Перейти к публикации
Дедовский городской форум
Marty

Education

english vs russian  

75 пользователей проголосовало

У вас нет прав на голосование в этом опросе, или на просмотр результатов опроса. Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для голосования в опросе.

Рекомендованные сообщения

structure of a language=of any language(when we talk about methods of teaching, we talk about METHODS of TEACHING); of the language=of English(as we spoke about it

hey, tell all this to YOUR teacher, there are different ways of teaching English, choose the best for yourself. we've understood that you want to master grammar, just explain why you think it is useful, so that other people will be able to agree or disagree with you. It's a discussion, not a field for only your opinion.

Поделиться сообщением

I believe that understanding of a structure helps you much more than knowledge of a great number of words while reading and writing.

By structure I mean :

grammar structures

different word transformations

I'd vote for knowledge of lexics in spoken English, though.

Of course, to feel sound in English you should be good both at grammar and lexics. (where to put both?)

Изменено пользователем Laura

Поделиться сообщением

The biggest part of me thinks, that the best ways for studying English are: going to America (please, no critic, because American slang is the most simple to understanding this language on the elementary and intermideate level :smile: ) , watching foreighn movies (not silent :smile: ), but it works only wnen your level of knowledge is not near zero :dry: AND IT SOMETIMES WORKS!!! fuck... my own English is sucks... :24:

Изменено пользователем pofigistka_ept

Поделиться сообщением

Some of my acquaintances studied at one of the popular moscow schools and were not very satisfied with its work, even with the work with native speakers. So, some tips:

For elementary level choose a teacher, who explains grammar in Russian, it's easier, doesn't take so much time, you anderstand grammar points, but try to speak as much as possible.

For levels starting with intermediate it's possible to have grammar explained in English. but always ask questions if you don't understand anything.

Поделиться сообщением

Most important thing for fluent English - words. Everything apart from that - got in couple of days.

Поделиться сообщением

Most important thing for fluent English - words. Everything apart from that - got in couple of days.

Really? To my mind, there's a difference in the level of knowledge and culture.

Suppose you knew thousands russian words which were not corresponding to your grammar level.

Could you then construct any extended sentence?

Поделиться сообщением

Suppose you knew thousands russian words which were not corresponding to your grammar level.

Easily, you for sure will be able to say almost everything you want to say. Have you ever been talking with native English or Americans? I been. It is whatever but not only the English speech in russian understanding. Sometimes it is hard to understand sentence they utter because they speak so much wrongly form formal grammar point of view. And you know, when you hear sentence and you dont know one word it is very often you unable to understand main idea of it, especially when you have a dialog.

And finally, what is harder to learn - thousands of words or several grammar rules?

Поделиться сообщением

Easily, you for sure will be able to say almost everything you want to say. Have you ever been talking with native English or Americans? I been. It is whatever but not only the English speech in russian understanding. Sometimes it is hard to understand sentence they utter because they speak so much wrongly form formal grammar point of view. And you know, when you hear sentence and you dont know one word it is very often you unable to understand main idea of it, especially when you have a dialog.

And finally, what is harder to learn - thousands of words or several grammar rules?

Of course, the grammer rules are harder, then English words. The words I learn very quickly. I can look at them and remember at once because I have a good visual memory. I can pretend the page of words and imagerily read them before myself. So, for me it's very easy.

The grammer rules for me like the text for retell, which I can't understand about. It's very difficult for me learn the grammer at once, like words. Sometimes, when I study originaly, I can't explain it especially tenses of verbs even simples. I understand it but I can't tell about it.

Поделиться сообщением

Of course, the grammer rules are harder, then English words. The words I learn very quickly. I can look at them and remember at once because I have a good visual memory. I can pretend the page of words and imagerily read them before myself. So, for me it's very easy.

The grammer rules for me like the text for retell, which I can't understand about. It's very difficult for me learn the grammer at once, like words. Sometimes, when I study originaly, I can't explain it especially tenses of verbs even simples. I understand it but I can't tell about it.

This is the common threshold which is however quite easy to overcome in several days of speaking English.

On another hand imagine the situation when guy you talking with asking you about ingredients of Greek salad.

That is what I'm talking about, if you know proper word you can deliver information. If not you will keep silence regardless your grammar level.

Изменено пользователем Me_

Поделиться сообщением

So...when speaking of combination words+grammar I meant that there should have been certain balance between these two elements.

I think you mentioned our speech - even in Russian - is mostly rude and dirty, full of badly structured phrases, of parasite words. Then why not to make it graceful, using proper words for proper things? And after all, why not to try do the same with foreign languages?

Поделиться сообщением

It agree! But here about that that in Russian speech is rough and dirty do not agree! At us the biggest lexicon in the world. Each language is unique in own way!

Поделиться сообщением

So... (Please, correct me if I will step off)

I'm agree! But here the matter is Russian speech rough and dirty do not agree! We have the biggest lexicon in the world. Each language is unique in own way!

Поделиться сообщением

• Создать...